Friday, October 17, 2008

Wally's wine






Steve asked me to paint this frame and showed me a picture of a Baylis. The customer wanted that color. Brian Baylis is famous for mixing his own colors and is a master at it. Me, well, I'm a rookie. I stopped by my friend Chris Kvale's shop to look at his Dupont chip book. When I explained to him what I was looking for he said he had something like that. It was a custom color Chris had mixed for one of his customers. The customer's name is Wally. I've never met Wally nor have I seen wine this color but the name on the can was Wally's Wine. Chris was kind enough to let me use the color because he had a quart of it and hadn't used in years since painting Wally's bike. Lugs are Sachs Rene Singer. BB shell and crown are Pacenti The frame was built by Martin Tweedy. He did an excellent job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a wild colour choice but your paint job looks perfect. And you're right, it's a nice build by Martin Tweedy. Cheers

antbikemike said...

Your paint jobs are looking wonderful! I am sure that you are glad to have it in house now;)